The SEMPO Education Committee is responsible for:
- Determining topics and securing presenters for monthly SEMPO’s Google+ Hangouts on Air: Chat with Industry Experts
- Reviewing submitted articles, resources and presentations for SEMPO blogs, webinars, Hangouts and educational ventures
- Reviewing submitted event calendar and training provider listings
- Determining monthly themes and industry polling topics in collaboration with the SEMPO Research Committee
- Securing and promoting speakers for educational programs including SEMPO Cities, SEMPO Member Forum and to outside business organizations to promote quality search practices
Webinars & Hangouts
SEMPO’s monthly Hangouts Chat with Industry Experts focuses on a different theme each month and corporate members are invited to share their thoughts and education with the industry. In addition, webinar series presented by corporate members meet the growing need for education on search-related topics within and beyond the search marketing industry. Professional webinars are geared for search and digital marketing professionals who need to stay abreast of the latest techniques and tools. Whereas, 101 webinars are tailored to professionals who use search marketing as part of their jobs and to people just beginning their search marketing careers.
Education Committee Leadership
Calling Search Industry Speakers
How to Pitch – If you’ve always dreamed of being a SEMPO star leading one of our esteemed webinars or participating in our Chats with Industry Experts we would love to hear your pitches. Corporate members, here’s how to participate:
- Review the past webinar and upcoming hangout topics. (We do occasionally repeat a topic from one year to the next; we do try to put a new angle on it to keep our webinars fresh and relevant.)
- Craft a pitch that you think will really appeal to our members and the general public – highly tactical sessions often draw a big crowd, as do hot topics such as Jobs and Emerging Technology.
- Send your ideas and your speaker profile/cred to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll notify you if we’ve selected your idea, and work with you to schedule it. Our Hangouts are typically on the 2nd or 3rd Tuesday of the month and follow a theme calendar.
Want to speak at one of SEMPO's in-person events? All members are encouraged to submit a pitch for your local SEMPO Cities event.