When: Thursday, October 29, 2015; 5:15 PM - 9:30 PM
Where: YWCA, 87 Elm St, Toronto, ON, M5G 0A8
Cost: Complimentary for SEMPO members, $25 for non-members
A digital marketer's day continues to be challenged by an ever-changing landscape of tools, tactics and techniques across search, social media and content marketing. From strategy and planning to execution and reporting, the learning and knowledge required to understand trends and outcomes to beat the competition is never ending.
Join “SEMPO Cities Toronto: Digital Marketing Think Tank” for an evening of thought leadership, knowledge and networking with your peers. Speakers from Bing Canada, Twitter, Influicity and Uberflip will share their ideas and best practices.
Agenda & Presenters
5:15 - Doors Open & Networking
5:45 - Welcome and Introductions
Official welcome from Krista LaRiviere, Director of SEMPO, Cofounder & CEO gShift.
6:00 - Bing Canada
Jeff Bentley, Strategic Account Executive @ Microsoft Search - Bing has grown considerably over the last 6 years to be the powerful search engine behind organic search. During today’s session we will provide an update abut Bing ‘s partnership with Yahoo! & AOL, share insights about our platform & product roadmap, review our growth plans for the search platform and present our newly formed Canadian team (based in Toronto). We look forward to meeting our colleagues & search engine marketing professionals.
6:30 - SweetIQ
Co-Founder and CRO at SweetIQ, Mr. Mire helps F500 brands such as McDonald’s, GM, Domino’s Pizza and their digital marketing agencies drive in-store foot traffic by optimizing their online findability. He has over 15 years of experience in online marketing in both the US and Canada. Prior to SweetIQ, he founded AdMire Marketing, a boutique integrated marketing consultancy. He is a frequent public speaker and commentator on the topic of local-based marketing.
7:00 - Technology Trends Panel
The number of marketing technology solutions available for digital marketers to evaluate and select is overwhelming. Krista LaRiviere will lead a panel discussion with some of Canada’s most innovative technology platforms for social media and content marketing. Panelist will share their insights to help you navigate the world of digital marketing technology. Moderated by Krista LaRiviere, Director of SEMPO, Cofounder & CEO gShift.
7:45 - Refreshments and Networking Break
8:00 - Quick Digital Case Studies
Join 4 brands in hearing their digital success stories. Moderated by Marc Hill, Founder & CEO, Digital Giants
- Case Study #1: JM & Sons - Andre Jr. Ayotte, Cofounder, JM & Sons – Social media today forces companies to take a closer look at how they interact with and grow their audience. Join Andre as he explains how their brand earned 19,000 followers on Instagram to build an engaged community on a visual content platform.
- Case Study #2: KPMG - Sabita Singh, Director of Digital Marketing, KPMG - KPMG in Canada is making the shift from print to apps to showcase thought leadership content. The new KPMG Vantage app is a perfect platform for delivering business insights through storytelling. Sabita will discuss the challenges of running the firm’s first app pilot and the opportunities she sees in the B2B marketplace for apps.
- Case Study #3: Pan Am Games - Cullen Scannell, Senior Manager, Digital Content for Pan Am Games - Cullen will share the methodology used for the Games website from an SEO perspective, as well as their social media advertising and content strategy. He will also review the results that followed their efforts.
- Case Study #4: NATIONAL Public Relations - Rick Murray, Managing Partner & Chief Digital Strategist, NATIONAL -
8:30 - Twitter Canada Keynote
Luke Stringer, Head of Research, Twitter Canada - Every day, Canadians flock to Twitter to engage with one another, explore new ideas and tell their stories. In this session Luke shares why Canadians value this live, public and conversational platform as part of their every day life and ongoing narrative. He'll also provide insight into how brands and organizations have leveraged the platform and used data to transform experiences for consumers around the world.
9:00 - Wrap Up and Prize Draws
Sponsors & Speakers
Global Sponsorship Opportunities
SEMPO Cities Month ($10,000; Limit of 5 sponsors per year)
Projecting 1,000 live attendees across 20 cities, the multi-event opportunity is the most cost effective sponsorship program that SEMPO offers for your return on investment. Package discounts apply to companies which also sponsor 2016 Member Forum. For global Cities Month sponsorship please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Logo and link placed on SEMPO Cities Month marketing materials:
• Cities event registration webpages
• Dedicated SEMPO Cities Month emails
• SEMPO newsletter
10 SEMPO Cities Month Registrations Included (max 2 per event up to 5 events)
Inclusion of collateral on registration desk
Logo placed on SEMPO Cities Month event marketing materials:
• Logo on event signage
• Logo on pre-session and intermission hold slides
Dedicated custom HTML email sent on sponsor behalf by SEMPO to registrants
Logo on post-event surveys and blogs
Logo remains on the dedicated SEMPO Cities Month web page