Case Study: Online Retailer
Board Games Express.
- Improve Google indexing of dynamic database driven web site.
- Convince small business retailer CPC advertising and shopping search was a worthwhile expenditure, when "free" organic listings had attracted most of his customer base.
- Improve traffic flow and conversion rates from shopping search engines, to justify new CPC expenses.
- Determine why we were blacklisted from MSN/Inktomi.
- Improve customer referral tracking to better understand ROI from advertising expenditures.
- Optimized site so search engine crawlers would index and improve organic rankings without creating doorways, cloaking or link schemes.
- Ensured search engine friendly dynamic URLs, without use of 3rd party URL rewrites.
- Global site optimization for all 800 plus products.
- Installed two types of referral codes to better understand where new customers were coming from, and the monetary value associated with each referral.
- Conducted extensive industry analysis and implemented numerous changes.
- Identified prior SEO company's link farm, and located link farm sites referencing Client, and requested removal. Currently advocating for reinstatement with prior SEO company, Inktomi, Positiontech and Yahoo.
- Worked directly with Shopping.com to improve conversion rates.
- Google has indexed and ranked every page on the site, including all of its products.
- Top ten Google rankings for over 85% of their products.
- Increased 2003 sales by 59 percent over 2002.
- Increased customer base by 740% in a two-year period, reaching 22,000 customers in 2003.
- As of December 2003, shopping search engines sending nearly 20% of monthly sales.
- Shopping.com monthly sales referrals increased by 72% from April of 2003 to December of 2003.
Laura Thieme, 614-846-7560 or, www.bizresearch.com