Case Study: Product Line for Manufacturer of Gardening Supplies
Braveheart Design Inc.
A gardening company specializing in gardening related products had recently launched their web site and wanted to increase the number of sales per month. They received 16 sales per month on average prior to implementing search engine marketing.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Challenges
The gardening related products market is very competitive online, and the top competitors were using a combination of organic SEO and Pay Per Click (PPC) Marketing to drive traffic and sales.
Braveheart Design conducted keyword research and provided the company with a plan to increase sales through a combination of organic search engine optimization and PPC Marketing. The following SEO strategies were implemented:
- Use of relevant targeted keyword phrases throughout the site
- Creation of additional text for each product page
- Development of new pages, thereby providing the search engines with more text to index
- Within one month, the number of monthly visitors increased by over 2100%.
- October 2003 was a record month for the website with over 1600 unique visitors. In October 2002, the number of unique visitors was 559.
- As a result of Braveheart Design’s suggestions, the company will see orders and revenues from online sales triple this year over 2002.
- The website will generate an estimated additional $100,000 this year in additional Internet and phone orders as a result of the optimization campaign. The original investment was $3600
Average Sales per Month